Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do I find a registered email on my computer that isnt logged in?

I need an email I made on my computer but I dont remember what it is.


How do I search for all email accounts on my computer?

How do I find a registered email on my computer that isnt logged in?
If you are using Outlook Express click Tools then Accounts and the box will list all your accounts.
Reply:It depends on what you are using. Outlook Express (OE) creates "Store Folders" and Outlook creates a .pst folder for your mail (personal store it is probably short for) but you won't be able to browse either of them for the email.





The easiest way to find all the email accounts in OE is as follows:


Start OE.


Using the menus, File --%26gt; Identities --%26gt; Manage Identities.





That will show you how many Identities are there. Each Identity can hold multiple email accounts. Find those as follows:


Using the menus, Tools --%26gt; Accounts --%26gt; Mail tab.





Do that in each identity to find how many email accounts there are.





In Outlook, unless you have gone to the trouble of setting up other email accounts (which isn't as easy as OE) there is probably only one.





In either case, try looking under Drafts, Sent and the Outbox for your email.





If you want to use the Find, in OE it's Edit --%26gt; Find --%26gt; Message and in Outlook it's Tools --%26gt; Advanced Find. Both of those give you an Advanced search that makes finding an email a lot easier if you have a lot of mail to look through.





If that doesn't help, post more info and I'll check back later and see if I can help you further.


No comments:

Post a Comment